Tuesday, November 27, 2012

REKINDLED ED KOWALCZYK: LIVE AND ALIVE (Last part) (May 28, 2012)

ED KOWALCZYK (SECOND FROM LEFT) WITH HIS NEWFOUND FANS IN RENER CONCEPCION, MADONNA MA, CHRIS HARDIN, RICHEL DIOKNO, AGO DIOKNO, AND VIM NADERA

Vim Nadera: What did you take up in college? Why?
Ed Kowalczyk:
After high school, I went straight into the University of Rock and Roll, I’m guessing the cover of Rolling Stone and a few million records sold counts for at least a bachelor’s degree. LOL.

VN: What was your ambition where you were a young boy with a unique surname?
EK:
I was just happy to have people say it correctly!

VN: How Polish are you?
EK:
My father’s side is 100% Polish, my mother’s side is English and German. Add in America and you get the melting pot of Ed K.

VN: What about your kids? Could you tell us about your family?
EK:
I have 3 wonderful daughters. They are 10, 7 and 1 year old. They and my wife are the lights of my life.

VN: In the Philippines, we usually equate Poland with Pope John Paul II. Are you, being a Good Samaritan, a Catholic too?
EK:
I was born and raised a Roman Catholic and have recently returned to practising the faith of my youth.

VN: How active are you with World Vision?
EK:
We have an ongoing partnership. We have connected over 200 children with new sponsors as a result of my tours. We are on our way to raising money to dig a well in rural Zambia as well.

VN: What is your impression about us, the Filipino audience, before and after your first concert in Manila?
EK:
Wonderful! So much energy and I could tell that the fans were genuinely happy to see me. What a great feeling!

VN: Were you surprised that you have a huge following in this part of the planet?
EK:
It’s always a very pleasant surprise to travel as far away from home as Manila and have such an incredible reception. During Lightning Crashes at the Araneta Coliseum, I was smiling inwardly the
whole time thinking: “ I wrote this song in my bedroom in little old York, Pennsylvania, and look at all these beautiful Filipinos singing it back to me!” Such a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment